Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Monday, April 5, 2010

The Entry Table.

Once again here is the "before" shot taken just after I got this $10.00 dresser home. After some demo and some putting back together again (click here for those details) I left off with an ivory painted entry table... Then after several of you suggested glazing (and I wanted to try it too) I gave in. First I prepped it a bit by sanding the edges. I didn't have any glaze on hand but heard that if you dilute some paint with water you essentially get the same result...so I did and I love how it turned out.

Finally, the top. I decided that I like my sisters end tables so much that I would try stenciling again. I stopped by the local scrapbook store and for a $1 I had them cut this with their cricut (wish I had one of my own), and the rest is history.
There were so many endless possibilities with this table and I had a really hard time choosing on a budget but for now I am content with the result. I think it represents the livingroom vibe we have going on well and I can't wait to decorate the surface. I'm curious to hear what thoughts the rest of you may have on this one :)

I'm linking this one up to several linky parties this week...check them out, you won't be sorry!

12 comments:

pamela said...

I am forever painting furniture and I enjoyed seeing your take on this form of art. I am a fan of the black and white and the damask pattern is always a winner.
Well done.
Pamela

Cottage Dreamers said...

That looks wonderful! Good idea adding the design to it!
☺ Celeste

Rebecca said...

Very cute! I love the stenciled look on top.

Sweet European Dreams said...

love it! My garage is filled with paint projects WAITING to be worked on - kudos to you for getting your project done - it's shabby & fab!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I came over from Thrifty Decor Chick and just had to say that I spell my name the same way! It's not every day I see someone with the same spelling as me! Very nice job on the table!

Ericka

Ericka said...

LOL...I get so excited when I see or meet someone with the same spelling too! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Sarah said...

Oh girl, I am totally in LOVE with damask prints, black & white color combos and now, your table! The results are gorgeous!!!
God's blessings,
Sarah :D

pamela said...

Erika,
Thank you for stopping by Becolorful and leaving such a glowing comment on my dining room and sideboard. It appears we both have an affinity for painted furniture. :-)
Pamela

Kara Henry said...

Very pretty and I love the stenciling on top!

robyncreates said...

Love it! I think your brain and what you see in things is amazing! I would never have thought of this. My husband came home with a dresser similar to this a few years ago, but it was painted bright teal and dark purple. Yech! We painted it black and ivory though and use it as a buffet in our dining room now and it looks great!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

I always love a damask print... it's looking great!

Magic Brush said...

I love damask! I have an old post with a damask textured stencil on walls at

http://themagicbrushinc.blogspot.com/2009/04/damask-dining-room.html

I think all things are prettier with damask!

Great job on the table!