I also ended up painting an old outdoor area rug I bought back in my college days. It is much brighter now and I love how it pops off the old concrete patio floor. I am still hunting for a couple of chairs to complete this group but since yard sale season has now begun I have high hopes of finding them :) I'll keep you posted, but for now I am linking up to a few parties! http://domestically-speaking.blogspot.com/, http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/, http://decormamma.blogspot.com/ and http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/, and last but certainly not least http://www.remodelaholic.comMaking the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Patio Furniture, Second Hand Style!
Last summer I showed you one of my favorite thrift finds, a red vinyl sofa that I painted white and put outside for summer relaxing. We used it even more than I anticipated and so this summer my goal is to finish what I started by completing a seating area on our covered patio. I recently finished this $4 coffee table my friend gave to me. I imagine it once had tiles or glass in the square cut outs but without them I decided to use it outside and put square pots hanging in their place full of bright blooming flowers. So far I love it, I haven't planted the flowers yet because it's still a little chilly in these parts so I will have to wait a couple more weeks for that...you can be sure that when I do I will share a photo :)
I also ended up painting an old outdoor area rug I bought back in my college days. It is much brighter now and I love how it pops off the old concrete patio floor. I am still hunting for a couple of chairs to complete this group but since yard sale season has now begun I have high hopes of finding them :) I'll keep you posted, but for now I am linking up to a few parties! http://domestically-speaking.blogspot.com/, http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/, http://decormamma.blogspot.com/ and http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/, and last but certainly not least http://www.remodelaholic.com
I also ended up painting an old outdoor area rug I bought back in my college days. It is much brighter now and I love how it pops off the old concrete patio floor. I am still hunting for a couple of chairs to complete this group but since yard sale season has now begun I have high hopes of finding them :) I'll keep you posted, but for now I am linking up to a few parties! http://domestically-speaking.blogspot.com/, http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/, http://decormamma.blogspot.com/ and http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/, and last but certainly not least http://www.remodelaholic.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ericka, this looks awesome! I would have never thought of the flower pot idea, I'm glad I gave it to you :) Your rug looks awesome, can't wait to see it in person!
Love it!! So dang cute! Never would have thought to do flowers! Can't wait to see it with the flowers in it!
Hi Ericka. First I want to thank you for stopping by my blog and taking your time to leave such a nice comment.
I love the projects you are posting so I am now following you.
Thanks,
Traci
Great idea and wonderful way to recycle! I may have to borrow this idea for a beautiful way to display flowers!
Blessings!
Post a Comment