Tis' the yard sale season I love and so I have been picking up a few gems as of late and here's what I have been doing with some of them: First off a headboard with hooks!
Of course paint and distressing helps add to the charm.And here she was when I got her.
This headboard was headed to the D.I. (local thrift) but before taken was offered to me by the owner and friend Lana...thanks Lana! Here's what I had in mind shortly after...
I cut off the very bottom of the legs, and cut weathered boards to screw in from behind.
Then I added some chalk paint and coat hooks. Now all it needs are the vintage words saying "You are my Sunshine" painted on and it will be perfect!
The red sign completed above still needs the hooks added along the bottom.
I have one more I am making for my sister and I'm not exactly sure how we are going to do it yet. What kinds of things have you done with old headboard/footboards? See you all next week for a new post and new project to share!
I'm linking up to two of my favorite blogs: www.funkyjunkinteriors.net and www.decormamma.blogspot.com
4 comments:
wow so cute!
Oh man! This is such a cool idea! I have a couple of headboards that I've been waiting to make signs out of & I love love love THIS idea! Only one of mine would work for using the wood pieces to fill in the gap, but now I know what to do with others I may find... ;)
Love these! You did a great job with them.
Holly
Wow, so cute! I love how you added the weathered wood, it adds so much charm! I'm pinning!
Post a Comment