Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A vote, and a (local) GIVEAWAY!!!

update: here is the old hardware I am reusing for this piece...love it!
I just picked up this antique dresser/table yesterday at a thrift. I liked the lines but it was in pretty sad shape. I took the plunge and bought it anyway. Here's a shot of one of the sides falling apart and bowed out on the side.



And here it is now with some added love and labor. My friend Alyssa gave me the bead board scraps from her past home reno and the rest I used what supplies I had on hand. It still needs some hardware and of course your vote....TO GLAZE or NOT TO GLAZE! I mean it this time, I truly value others opinions and so here's the deal: If you vote in the comments below you will be automatically entered for my giveaway. To have additional entries you must do one of the following: blog about it, become a follower, or post a link on facebook. So, if you do all four, you will get four entries, make sense? There are three options for you to choose from. Option 1: the painted side table that can be found here. Option 2: the black painted rocker (you will still need to provide your own cushion) found here.Option 3. One hour of my consultation services in your home free of charge :)






I will be posting the winner one week from today, on Wednesday Dec 8th. Good luck to all of you :)

30 comments:

Jon Woodins said...

I would NOT glaze. but I am in love with a true red white and blue theme right now.

Kip & Alisha said...

My vote is GLAZE! :)

**nicke... said...

DO NOT GLAZE! i love the crispness of it! it is sooo beautiful! i hope hope hope that i win! i wish i was winning this sweet little gem!

**nicke... said...

i have been your follower for a while now, and i am better because of it!

**nicke... said...

my name is alllllll over that black rocker! i really need it! i have posted about you on fb!

MISTY said...

...Love all your work ...i so would love tol have this piece of art !!!!

MegiJones said...

ummm are you selling this??? And you don't want me to vote cuz I have no idea what I am talking about so can I still be entered in the giveaway??

Unknown said...

No glaze looks good as is.

Adele said...

I say no glaze on this piece. It is so cute and fresh looking. Love it!

Adele said...

I'm a follower!

Adele said...

I facebooked about it!

Ashley Wray said...

I'm a big time glaze fan, but this does look so crisp, I'm torn! I'm saying leave it be. And I so want that black rocking chair, so add me in the drawing!

Jessica said...

it depends on whose home it is going in, but i LOVE IT the way it is. bright and beautiful!

Jessica said...

i'm following now too!

Rebecca said...

I'm torn too! It is so crisp and fresh, but glazing can be so beautiful. Can't decide!

Rebecca said...

I'm a follower now!
And by the way, you make me want to go sand and paint something RIGHT NOW! ; ) I actually have a dresser that is VERY similar to this one. I think I will have to refinish it like this sometime.
ps...I LOVE the table you did for Adele!

Sarah said...

Don't glaze it...the piece is BEAUTIFUL!! I would love to have something like this for my Scarlett in her room. :)

Anonymous said...

I say LEAVE IT! Keep doing what you do! You are amazing!

Andrea said...

I vote to not glaze. I think it's looks awesome just how it is! :)

Andrea said...

I follow on Google Reader!

Josh and Ali said...

I say GLAZE it! I also am a follower!

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

I have no opinion on the glaze but that is soooo cute!! Plus I live to far away to win anything.

Leanne said...

I say glaze!

Leanne said...

I've been following you! (creepy sounding huh? hahaha)

Katie said...

Wish I knew what glaze was so I could vote appropriatly! (If I win, I think I need you in my house!)

Katie said...

And I just became your 75th follower!

MegiJones said...

I'm a follower!

MegiJones said...

And I vote no glaze...just in case you didn't count my no vote entry. :)

Denice Buckley said...

Erica I would not glaze it. I like the look it has now! someday you will have to come over and help me. your stuff is great. I love what you do. thanks for the blog Denice

Cindi said...

No glaze, it is a gorgeous piece. Glazing it would be a little to much with the red and the print. I love it just the way it is !