Perhaps some of you have seen something like this on Pinterest, that's where I originally saw this idea and once I laid eyes on it I knew I had to make one! It just so happened that I was given, yes given an old door not to mention a twin headboard and footboard, so I was all set to go. Here is a pic of the door and the footboard cut in half and then screwed together.
It is amazing what a little paint and some wood stain can do, yes? I painted the piece white in a chalk paint and then after it was dry lightly sanded and applied a deep walnut stain as a glaze. I also ended up adding 3 matching coat hooks along the top. I loved how a wreathe looked hung on it as well though if one didn't want to hang coats and bags.For the seat I simply cut some scrap wood and stained it in the same walnut stain I wiped on the white paint. It is still drying and needs a coat of poly and some screws to hold it in place but other than that is ready to go...I feel like I say this alot, but I really wish I had a place for this one in my own home!
I am hoping to complete one more of these in time for the craft fair in October. It will be the same concept with a twist so keep checking back so you don't miss it (Think nature) :)
I'm linking up to this weekends parties at www.funkyjunkinteriors.net and www.missmustardseed.com and homespunhappenings-tammy.blogspot.com
7 comments:
so cute! I would love to see a little kid in a giant chair. so creative, as always!
I think this is really cute! I love the colors.
gail
pinning it!
Love love love this! Great job!
Cute and functional.. what's not to love!
No matter where you got the idea, this is one fun and wonderful creation.
No matter where you got the idea, this is one fun and wonderful creation.
Pinning it! This is an awesome idea! It looks fantastic! I am your newest follower. I hope you can visit me sometime too. Also, I would love for you to come and share this at my Linky party called Rustic Restorations Weekend. http://homespunhappenings-tammy.blogspot.com/2012/09/rustic-restorations-weekend-19.html
Post a Comment