Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.
Monday, May 3, 2010
House Numbers...
Is your house like mine with no visible numbers on it. Not that big of a deal, unless someone is trying to find your house for the first time and has to rely on your neighbors for help :) I have been wanting to add some for some time but just couldn't seem to find anything that I loved...then last week I began spray painting clay pots (and one plastic one) in varying sizes to put on my front step. I used Krylons Oil Rubbed Bronze color. LOVE it! Then after I began painting my house numbers (free handing with craft paint) I saw this cute post on a linky party from last weekend and had to share it. It's from http://colleenscorner.blogspot.com/. Colleen used these clay blocks and planted flowers inside. I must say her numbers are alot neater than mine...makes me wish I would have tried a little harder :) Anyway, they are sitting on the most adorable cart which this picture doesn't adequately show but go to the link to check it out. I totally love what she did with this. Great job Colleen!
Here are my pots after the paint dried on friday...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I think your pots are cool... love the staggering sizes really adds charm. I love the colors too! Thanks for the nice comments and sharing my project. Really made my day!
The pots look great.
Wow house numbers are huge in the USA! our house no. is 5. here in aus, unless one lives on a main connecting rd most streets in residential areas are short - up to no more than 50.
What great ideas! I've never seen anything like it!
that is a really cute idea! I love the varying pot size. way to go Ericka!
http://designersblue.blogspot.com
These are darling! I have wanted to make some, but my address is 6 numbers long, ha, I don't think I would have enough room. Maybe I'll try a monogrammed one though! Hope you have a great day! ~andrea
Very cute!! I might have to do that once I'm actually in my house!
Love it! So perfect for spring!
Post a Comment