ahhh, I just can't seem to wipe the smile off of my face tonight because of this picture below.
My dad came over tonight with the completed mirror for my make shift salon room downstairs in what used to be a countertop and built in cabinetry in my oversized laundry room that was collecting junk (and dust)! I am so pleased with the result! Here is another peak at the glorious paneling before...
then primed with Kilz oil based primer (that stuff really reeks!)
For this project I ended up using a mirror that was given to me by my grandmother(once attached to an old 1970s dresser). The outside borders are made out of MDF chair rail and baseboard trim from Home Depot for a total cost of $29.00. I then spray painted them in Ace Hardware satin black spray paint. As far as the construction itself is concerned, I'll have to ask my dad since he took it all home and did it all on his own :) Basically he cut grooves into the molding to act as a frame for the mirror. He also used some glue and a board on the back to reinforce it all. Yeah, lucky me! My dad also installed and provided new track lighting above (I got to hold the light while he worked). Thanks to my girlfriends Adele, Megi, Ashley, and Jaimee we got the room painted in a light gray quickly. So much better than the dark paneling from before. Oh, and I painted the hardware from white to a dark oil rubbed bronze color as well.
My dad came over tonight with the completed mirror for my make shift salon room downstairs in what used to be a countertop and built in cabinetry in my oversized laundry room that was collecting junk (and dust)! I am so pleased with the result! Here is another peak at the glorious paneling before...
then primed with Kilz oil based primer (that stuff really reeks!)
For this project I ended up using a mirror that was given to me by my grandmother(once attached to an old 1970s dresser). The outside borders are made out of MDF chair rail and baseboard trim from Home Depot for a total cost of $29.00. I then spray painted them in Ace Hardware satin black spray paint. As far as the construction itself is concerned, I'll have to ask my dad since he took it all home and did it all on his own :) Basically he cut grooves into the molding to act as a frame for the mirror. He also used some glue and a board on the back to reinforce it all. Yeah, lucky me! My dad also installed and provided new track lighting above (I got to hold the light while he worked). Thanks to my girlfriends Adele, Megi, Ashley, and Jaimee we got the room painted in a light gray quickly. So much better than the dark paneling from before. Oh, and I painted the hardware from white to a dark oil rubbed bronze color as well.I have to apologize for the poor quality of these pics...they were taken late at night and that is why they look so dark and blurry. We are headed out of town this weekend and I just couldn't wait to post...I'll try to get some better ones up soon! :)
I still have some little paint touch ups to do before it is perfect but right now I am just loving the fact that I won't have to cut my familys hair in the kitchen again! Have a great weekend everyone! I'm linking to:http://www.decormamma.blogspot.com/, and http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/ , and http://www.bystephanielynn.com/
I still have some little paint touch ups to do before it is perfect but right now I am just loving the fact that I won't have to cut my familys hair in the kitchen again! Have a great weekend everyone! I'm linking to:http://www.decormamma.blogspot.com/, and http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/ , and http://www.bystephanielynn.com/
7 comments:
I love the finished product! Can't wait to see it in person!
Ericka, this looks awesome! Love it! You're dad did a great job on the mirror. Andrew said he'd help me tackle mine this weekend so I might be calling for tips.
I can't wait to get my hair done in your new little "salon."
PS- Sorry about bailing on working out this morning, lets really get back on track next week :)
Love love love it!! You and dad did a great job! Can't wait to see it in person!!
It looks great! I love the mirror, it looks like the perfect place for you to cut hair! (not in your kitchen!)
Looks awesome sis! Can't wait to get some sweet new do from you when I come home to visit!
That looks fabulous! A salon..how cool! I bet you are beyond happy! Hope you have a great weekend!~ Stephanie Lynn
I'm still in love with the thought of having your own salon! Fabulous job on the mirror! Thanks so much for joining The Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn
Post a Comment