Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Monday, November 7, 2011

Antique Coffee Table Redo

I found this antique coffee table at a local thrift for $5 about a month ago and I have been dying to get to it. It was in sad shape and very wobbly when I purchased it but now I am loving how it has cozied up my livingroom. First, I sanded, primed and painted the bottom half in a bright white paint. Then I distresssed the edges to emphasize the architectural beauty it held. Then, I sanded down the top surface and put a new coat of dark walnut stain on. It's actually still drying in this photo below.


After the stain dried I put on a clear coat of poly to protect the top. I just love the contrast of the paint vs. stain, the dark vs. light! Not bad for $5 and a little time and effort!


Next up a painted antique dresser and new look to an old armoire!

4 comments:

Creative Raisins said...

I am in love with this table, it has such interesting lines to it. Great transformation

Vickie said...

I love it Erika it turned out beautiful!

Jill said...

oh my goodness! i love love it!

Denise said...

You are simply amazing. I love all the stuff you do. Any ideas for an ugly cheap bookcase? I'm so tired of looking at the faux wood grain.