He's finally here!!! That means it's high time I finish the nursery! Here's part 1:The frame was purchased at a local thrift last year for $5. It would be beautiful painted but for the look I was going for the original gold suited it perfectly. I added a cricket cut out I found at a local shop (The Keepsake Cottage) for a bit of whimsy costing me a little over a dollar.
Then I decided to use this old desk as a changing table. With all the little drawers and cubbies it works perfectly for what I needed. For wall decor above I added a large window screen. I purchased this last year at an estate sale for $5, then painted it red and wiped it down with a dark walnut stain afterwards. I found some cute hooks with clips attached that fit right through the screen holes. For now it holds some snapshots of my little one and his name (scrapbook paper).
5 comments:
I love the idea of using the desk for a change table, something they use as they grow.
He is adoreable...and the room is great too :) miss ya.
It looks so cute--love the desk/ changing table idea!
Erica! I haven't been over to this blog in ages. I've been watching for updates on your other blog! Congratulations on the new one. He looks so cute! Hope you're doing well.
Great idea. Wished we lived closer so I could see it in the flesh!
Post a Comment