Today while my two littlest ones napped I jumped on this project that has been long overdue. This old cabinet door was collecting dust (and cobwebs) in a corner of my shed and it was time to get her done. When both boys fell asleep I knew it was my chance!
First I carefully broke the glass and removed and discarded it. Then I took some scrap paneling I had and cut this piece using my jigsaw to slide into the grooves that originally held the glass.Once that was done, all I really had to do was paint. The frame got two coats of white and the paneled board got a couple coats of chalkboard paint (I brushed mine on but spray paint would have been easier and faster). Of course I added one of my favorite quotes and hung it in the laundry room...appropriate don't you think ;).
And there you have it, a simple chalkboard that has a little decor flair as well. And as I am posting this my 3 year old is STILL asleep and my 3 month old just woke up so that's it for now! Have a great week everyone!
Linking this post up to www.funkyjunkinteriors.net
1 comment:
Oh Erika that is just adorable! I can't wait to copy this for my new house. Huggggssss
Post a Comment