Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Saturday, June 16, 2012

A New Headboard!

I have been working on updating my bedroom for the last couple of days.  I have a very long way to go and I am dreading the closet door makeover but here is some of my progress so far.  It all started with some scrap materials I had laying around...
 Then a few cuts here and there and I had a rough design going...
 Next I added some white paint, and a white glaze (over the tins) and screwed the boards and ceiling tins in place.
 Once I finished touching it up and brought it into my bedroom I realized the color was still a bit too gold. With my walls being a cool beige color the two really clashed so I whipped up a little aqua glaze and put her on.
 Here's what it looked likedrying...much better already!
 And here is the finished product.  I really want some new bedding but for now this new headboard works well but still lends itself to other options in the future.
 Sorry the photos are so dark...I didn't get these taken until my little ones were in bed tonight. 
There is still so much to do in this room but maybe, just maybe, when I am all done it will motivate me to keep it clean :).  Happy Father's day everyone! 

I am linking up to: www.funkyjunkinteriors.net

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm visiting from Saturday Nite Special. I love your headboard. What a fabulous idea!!

Carolyn
{my simple messterpiece}