What are you doing this 4th of July? I will be gathering my little boys and the hubs and taking them to the annual 4th of July parade in my hometown. I am from a very, VERY small town and as far back as I can remember I have gone to this little town parade on the 4th. My favorite part of the parade when I was a kid was the Air Force Jets flying overhead, the signal to start the parade. Now that I'm older it's the presentation of the flag and the accompanying national anthem from the very first float. I love this holiday and the opportunity it gives us to reflect on the freedoms we as Americans enjoy and be grateful to those who have worked and sacrificed so much to make this possible. So, here's the project...nothing big just a little table with a patriotic flair.
This is how it started out...great bones but needed some color.Here it is after two coats of chalk paint and a piece of beadboard scrap positioned inside the top. I painted the beadboard red with a subtle white stripe in the grooves.
Of course it got some distressed edges for added character. Just after I completed this project I read that the local national guard troops were looking for donated items for thier annual "Family Picnic Day" Umm, yeah, this will be perfect don't you think! So grateful to be an American! Happy 4th all!
1 comment:
Oh! I love the idea of using the beadboard for the center and how cool to paint it the way you did! Keeping this idea in the back of my mind!
Post a Comment