Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sneaky Peeky!

I thought I would post a tiny peek at what I have been working on and will continue to be working on in my home the next couple of weeks. So many times on blogs, or T.V. all we see is the before and then the extreme after. I realize posting the "during" images may diminish the overall "wow factor" but I think it's important to keep it real. Sometimes (especially when you're on a tight budget) you learn to live with things a little unfinished or perhaps not quite the way you want them, but that is why it is all worth the effort in the end when you have that perfect space you have poured your heart into for days, weeks, and sometimes even months.
A few weeks ago I was at my younger sisters baby shower (hosted at her sister in laws house) when I noticed a little pile of these on the ground next to her detached garage on my way out. I stopped the car, ran back in and inquired about them. Turns out she had replacd the old doors with brand new ones. Now fast forward to this week and I now have a set of these beautiful, old doors. One day I would love to use one for something similar to this image below...love the bright yellow too (okay and the tub)! I'll keep dreaming about that one, but in the mean time... this is where they will be staying, as headboards for my two little guys! And who said you can't have a chandelier in a boys room? I'm breaking all the rules in this room and I can't wait to show you what it looks like when it is finally finished!
I should have the office space completed in the next week so keep checking back on my slow but steady progress :) Thanks y'all!

3 comments:

Adele said...

Very nice! I love them! I cannot wait to see the finished product!!

Anonymous said...

So beauitful, Ericka. you are so talented....

Leanne said...

love it!