Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Monday, January 3, 2011

Things to come...

It has been a while since I have posted and even though it seems I am always in some sort of mental design frenzy over a new project this time I have some upcoming changes in my own home. First, I stenciled my window treatments in the kitchen using the french crown stencil I freehanded a while back. I am loving the subtle yet interesting difference this stamped look has created in the space. I also hung this light fixture below all by myself! Oh boy, I can't wait to find some new fixtures for the basement now!
I am combining my two boys in a room now so we can use the other room as an office. That meant tweaking this lamp to coordinate with the colors I am using, and painting this old end table with their names on it for some added fun. As you can see it has been a work in progress for me :), but just wait until you see what I am using as their head boards!
Oh and as for the office space...well, think baseball. This space is primarily for my husband who loves all things baseball. I am using alot of his "stuff" for this room and I am oh so excited to see this room come together. So far I have finished painting the room, and hung a few prints but I still have an antique desk to finish that I think will make some of you swoon over :) Here's a little peek at some of the prints going up on the wall. Can you name those players? If I design it...they will come. Okay, sorry, that one was lame.

Keep me motivated and check back often to see more :) Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Lu said...

Love everything always. Especially can't wait to see this vintage desk and office come together. Is that a Louisville Slugger bat from when we went to the factory together in Kentucky? Lu

Leanne said...

I'm so happy that you blog too. I totally just chickened out on putting my own kitchen up on my blog. (because there's an ugly rug in the photo and the glass cabinets still didn't have shelves.)

thanks for the example! I shall now go and re-do what I un-did.

Ashley Wray said...

I can't believe I didn't peek in there when I was over today! Both rooms look super cute, I can't wait to see the finished project!