when my friend Jen gave me a couple of pieces of furniture she had been storing in her basement last week I already knew what vibe I would take on this little table. Here it is before. Good bones but I felt the hardware was a bit large on such a small piece.
So I painted it in a flat black paint and then painted the drawer faces in a light tan then using the backside of some damask wall paper I pressed it against the paint while wet and then antiqued over it (once dry) with some glaze. Oh, and I swapped out the hardware as well.
Then I repeated the same treatment to the back side of the table...if you look closely you can see the damask pattern peeking out from then books and pillow.
I also ended up distressing it a bit and painting out some of the trim for added interest.
If you like what you see and want to purchase this item please let me know at lemonsqueezing@gmail.com I am asking $25 for it. Thanks guys and have a great day! SOLD!
1 comment:
I love that little table! Once again I live too far away!
Post a Comment