Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Saturday, April 9, 2011

More Projects!

I thought I would quickly post some recent project completions...obviously the picture below is not completed yet but it will soon be a bench. Of course I will post the completion as soon as I can get it done. Until then feast your eyes on this weeks completions below :) My wonderful friend Adele dropped off this for me last week. It was all the same color as the top finish and already in great condition. I wanted the ornate detail on the bottom to stand out a little more so it could be appreciated so I sanded, primed, painted, distressed, and finally glazed it. I am loving the result and this piece will also be available at the fair next week. Thanks Adele and I haven't forgotten about your haircut!!!

SOLD!

Then last night I stayed up until 1:30 painting this piece...I think it was worth it but I'll let you be the judge :) This is the top I faux finished to look like brushed copper.

And here is the rest. I know the pictures are a bit dark...that's what you get when you take them without any natural light. Anyway this one will also be for sale next week. Hope you all like them. Have a great weekend everyone!

SOLD!

3 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

LOVE THEM BOTH! Oh my goodness, the dark top with the antique white underneath is so cute. I think the 1:30 am bedtime was totally worth it!

Unknown said...

sooo stinking cute. I love everything you post. :)

ps you should enter my jewelry giveaway http://pretties-and-things.blogspot.com

Leanne said...

you have some serious paint talent!! so great!