Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
I Heart Bling!
This table was given to me by my dear friend Jamie a few weeks back. It belonged to her grandmother. It has great lines...just needed some love. I was browsing blogs last week and found these amazing nightstands at http://Redhenhome.blogspot.com . I knew I had to try it and what better subject than my little clover table! (Sorry its sideways...couldn't get it to rotate)
Using wallpaper paste and tin foil squares, yes tin foil, I pieced it together, then wiped off any excess glue and applied a dark brown glaze over the top to sink into the cracks and crevices.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hello,
I visited your blog today, and while reading it, I noticed that you have a degree in Interior Design. My daughter, Jess, also has a degree in Interior Design, and I think she would enjoy visiting your blog. Me and my daughters just started a new blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. The link is: http://redrosealley.blogspot.com We can share our creative ideas. Hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day. That's such a cute picture of you.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley
Post a Comment