Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Seating.

Unfortunately I neglected to take any "before" photos of these projects so you'll have to use your imaginations. The first, a simple chair I picked up at an estate sale for $3 was given a new look with a bright yellow to go with the white desk I finished a couple weeks ago for a friend Kristen. Here's the white desk she is using as a desk/vanity for her little girl. (She already has a bright yellow mirror that will hang above and baskets will sit inside the cubbies.)

And here is a simple bench a friend of mine picked up at a yard sale early this spring, then traded for another bench so I could paint this RED for my good friend Megi. (It's going under a large window.) I can't wait to see this bold color in her space!


Well, that's it for now but check back for some upcoming projects: a dresser, the antique secretary, headboards, chairs, stained concrete, and possibly a wet bar for my basement!

No comments: