
Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.
Friday, July 1, 2011
Perhaps my favorite project yet?
I am so happy to share a recent project I have completed for my friend Shay. Her mother found this at a thrift several years ago and picked it up but since then it has sat patiently awaiting a second life...well, today was that day.
Last week I showed you this tin ceiling piece I picked up at an estate sale and faux finished to look like this.
I picked up a clock kit from Michaels and some vinyl numbers from a local store and voila, a clock! Then I added two chair legs on either side to draw the eye upwards a bit. Then of course, I scraped off old chipping paint, sanded, primed, painted, and even added some light distressing.

This is going in Shay's hallway...don't you just love it?! It sort of has a hint of cottage charm while still maintaining its simplicity with its clean lines. What a find!
So glad Shays mom snagged this piece and so glad I got to help make it beautiful again! Hope you all like! Have a great 4th of July!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Seriously LOVE this! Nice Ericka...you never cease to amaze...
Thanks Megi :) Your next...bring on the bench!
Thanks for sharing all your beautiful inspirations and pictures. I’m your newest follower and look forward to your next ideas!
Have a nice weekend!
Tine
Very pretty! That tin ceiling turned clock totally turned my head! Great call on that.
Donna
WOW! What a tremendous, terrific idea! Beautiful.
Lovely.
Even the ceiling tile clock alone would be great.
blessings
barbara jean
That turned out so cute! I was wondering what you were going to do with that one.
Post a Comment