My good friend and our local children's librarian came to me with this piece that belonged to her father. It had originally been used as a truck box in the back of a truck bed to hold tools. I am so glad she thought of me when she saw it and gave me first dibbs! It is sooo cool and the possibilities are endless! She told me she saw something similar to it once at a library convention hanging on the wall with books inside, I loved the idea but waited a week or two before I made any decisions on it but I kept coming back to the book storage idea and so I decided to go for it.
Oh yeah....my kids are LOVING this and so am I! I am reworking a part of the basement for a more kid friendly space and this is included on the wall along with a bench seat below for reading (and reaching) the books placed in the various cubbies. Below the seat are baskets full of more books because well, I yard sale alot and there tends to always be childrens books for sale and it seems I have a hard time passing them up :) As you can see I ended up painting it black and handpainted the word "read" in a type kind of font.
1 comment:
love! LOVe! can i have it please? :) you need to open a little shop or something. we were just there- burley/declo just a few days ago. we boated on the river it was fun. i thought about you guys and was wondering where in burley you live. My FIL now lives in a little house in burley next to storybook park.
Post a Comment