Just wrapping up another project this week with this headboard and footboard turned into a bench. These benches have been making their way into the DIY/CRAFT world for a few years now but they are so charming I couldn't resist building another!
Here is what the headboard and footboard I used looked like before assembly. Lucky for me I have an exact duplicate set to make another one out of...or use for something else :).I wanted to do something a little different. Gray has become the new tan and you see it EVERYWHERE these days but what you don't see all that often is a rustic gray look so that's where I decided to take this piece. By adding some deep walnut wood stain over the paint it gives it that beautiful glazed look and I love how it seaps into all the cracks and crevices for added visual appeal.
In keeping with the walnut glaze I stained 2 x 4's for the seat in the same wood stain. In this photo below the seat still needs to be screwed down and a coat of poly but you get the overall idea :)
I'm loving how it turned out, hope you do to!
2 comments:
LOVE that Ericka! It's perfect...
you are amazing...
Post a Comment