It's that time of year again...the time when I drive myself and my family crazy with endless trips to the hardware store and every waking moment I can spare outside painting, sanding, cutting, building, pricing...you get the idea. It's time for the annual Minico Craft Fair :). I have a love/hate relationship with this fair because it draws in an insane amount of locals with vendors from so many different places. The last two years I have shared a booth with my good friend Alyssa who makes beautiful soldered jewelry. Our stuff compliments each other well and we get to split the entry fee so we keep doing it! The reason why I hate the fair is for obvious reasons, it means I have to work like a dog the weeks prior, so that's where I am at today, 4 weeks out on a friday night trying not to fall asleep staring at my computer screen. Here are a few of the "smaller items" I will be taking with me. I'm not going to post everything on here so if you are local you might want to hit the fair early in case there is something that sparks your interest...the last two years combined I have come home with 2 items unsold...like I said, there are an insane amount of people at this craft fair.
Here is a board sign I just finished for someone as a wedding gift, this will not be in the fair but you can be sure some signs like it will be :)Here's a little shabby table with a chalk board top. It just needs a bowl of bright yellow lemon drops!
Another little sign that will eventually be holding some long peppermint sticks!
This was once an armoire door and now it holds to wire baskets...perfect for a kitchen holding fresh fruit and veggies or above a toilet with towels and TP...or the traditional floral arrangements somewhere else.
Here's another door I painted and glazed and hung two antique jars on...still deciding on what wording I want on it...ideas?
This one is much simpler and definitely has a country vibe to it with its shabbiness and old antique tall jars against the dusty blue gray painted board but sometimes its the simplest decor that makes the biggest impact and I can just see these jars paired with some freshly cut daisies in them...love.
Next week I will share one, possibly two more headboard footboard benches and a desk redo that has taken me in a direction I have never gone with a piece of furniture...just wait!
1 comment:
your talents amaze me :)
Post a Comment