Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Thursday, September 13, 2012

A little bit of sunshine...

I have had this cute little cabinet sitting in my shed waiting to be finished for almost a year! Maybe that's why I can't find any "before" photos now.  Picture the ugliest metallic gold ever and you've got it :)
 This is it sitting pretty drying after a coat of primer, some mustard paint, and a dark walnut stain rubbed on and wiped off.
This would make the cutest seat with a cushion on top sitting under a window or would also work great as a bench in an entry or mudroom with a shelf with hooks hanging above. It's always nice to have a little bit of sunshine in your life...or your home for that matter :)  Happy designing all!

I think I'll link this beauty up to www.missmustardseed.com for her friday furniture linky party!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE

Kyla said...

Ericka--what are the measurements for this and the price? Thanks-Kyla