I just love me an old suitcase, don't you? A little treasure. A real piece of the past...a story of travels and desinations. The older, the better! Perhaps used when leaving loved ones or even reuniting. It's the same reason I suppose that I love old, old, and older homes. They have a story of their own and with that lies the magic and mystery. So, yeah when I find an old suitcase, I get a little excited :) To give you an idea, the last time my brother-in-law was visiting he asked if someone was taking a trip somewhere, lol! Here's a random stack in my livingroom. What!? It matches my holiday decor!
This is what I did today with some of my stock pile of old suitcases...yes, it's a nightstand!Believe it or not I actually had a hard time drilling holes for the legs in the bottom suitcase, it kinda hurt...until I saw the end result of course! The best part is these are glued to each other but can still be opened and used for storing personal items. Score!
See, I told you...all the Jane Eyre and Bronte you can handle! It might be harder to part with these than I have imagined, but the good news is I still have plenty laying around and since I can't seem to pass them up at yard sales and thrifts I am not too worried.
Here are some other fun used I found on pinterest today...loooove the suitcase shelves and have seriously thought about copying this idea, I love it that much...still not sure I could go through with sawing them in half though. Baby steps people.
Oh these ones are making me drool, now that is some serious age...oh the places they've been!!!and last but not least, I thought this was a charming and yet simple way to display a message...wish I had a lakehouse to make one for :). Hey, maybe some of my suitcases have been to a lakehouse before! ;)



5 comments:
You ooze creativity. Love you. Barb
Erica. You OOZE creativity. Love you! BARB
LOVE IT!
brilliantly creative! I have never thought about an old suitcase, but I will never look at them the same... awesome Erica.
i love the red one! i love how they are made into a table! adorable!
Post a Comment