Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cabin Fever.

Christmas break is almost over for us and although we have had a great time the weather here has turned bitter cold and we have had our fair share of sickness as well. It has been particularly difficult the past few days with a sick baby (double ear infection) and negative temperatures outside. I am soooo exhausted but at the same time sick of staying in. It was time for some sunny yellow to enter the gloom of our home so when the little one finally went to sleep today I went to work...painting this!
We dont have much space inside our kitchen entry so we have to make the most of it. This old footboard adds some country charm while the attached chunky coat hooks keep our stuff all in one place :) The wood crate below holds snow boots or hats and mittens.  I hate the clutter that accumulates at the door during winter but this has helped with that so much!
 Next I painted the pantry door...it has been needing a serious makeover for sometime now and so today ended up being the day I went after it.  It was a bit brighter than I wanted so I sanded and glazed over it with some charcoal paint.
 Here is a closer view below. Now it looks more like the "old pantry door" look I intended.  I really want to replace the knob with something older looking eventually and maybe make a vintage "Pantry" sign to hang above the door as well.
And now for the adjacent hallway...well someday I will get to that too, just not anytime soon :)
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your creativity amazes me.

robyncreates said...

Nominated you for the Liebster award. See my blog here: http://www.createitgo.com/2013/02/liebster-award.html