Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Spring Fever!

The past couple of days have warmed up here and at our house we have been taking full advantage. I am in the middle of some home improvement projects that are long overdue but needed a break from it all today so this afternoon I gathered up all the motivation I could and tackled this project below. 
 I must admit my inspiration for this project came from something I saw on pinterest, but like most projects of mine they always seem to turn out a bit different in the end :)
 Here's the pile (parts) I gathered to make this.  This may look like a pile of junk right now but just wait!
Here it is after some progress. (I brought it inside to finish once it got a little colder outside).
 And here it is completed! I love the shabby-chic spring look going on here. 
 Some good old rusted hardware and chipped paint...perfect!
These photos are so dark but they are taken in my kitchen at 10:00 at night which is usually when I get around to finishing my projects (kids are asleep).  So there you have it an old door turned entry table.  Now, I just have to decide where to put it!  Happy spring all!

I'm linking this post up to finding fabulous! and Funky Junk Interiors

3 comments:

Lu said...

Love it Er! Turned out so cute!

robyncreates said...

Love it!

Jill said...

love it! You creative girl! love the yellow!