Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Growing bolder.

I always assumed the older I got the more conservative I would become in my design choices but as I become more confident in trusting my own instincts that notion has become obsolete.  We (and by that I mean I, haha) are in the process of making some changes in our home. Some bigger than others :)  Today I worked on some much needed livingroom updates beginning with the entry/console table.
 Here's a quick recap for those of you that don't remember this piece or are new to my blog.  It started out as a $10 dresser from a thrift store with broken and missing drawers.
 I demoed it a bit and then put it back together so to speak into this table below.  The lamp bases were $5 at a yard sale.
 Pretty, romantic perhaps....SAFE. The chocolate wall helped add interest but I am so over it and so the white paint came back out but this time went on the wall instead. That full reveal will be later this week hopefully.
 The lamps got a metallic silver makeover with burlap wrapped shades. I love the combination of the rustic with the contemporary.
 The table got a coat of teal paint. I then sanded it down (I love that the damask pattern can still be seen) and glazed it with a dark walnut stain.
Much more interesting, brighter...BOLDER :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You amaze me :)