Progress is GOOD! I set out this week to begin revamping some rooms in my home starting out with the livingroom. There's nothing too exciting in the way of architecture in a ranch home so making it interesting lies in the furnishings. Keep in mind the room is not completed but I thought I'd share some progress with you...call it motivation to continue :)
This is the side of the room I am mostly finished with, lol. The table got a coat of "Lagoon" spray paint by Rustoleum and some dark walnut glaze while the lamps took on a metallic base with burlap covered shades. Love.And now for some of the details...this was my trim this morning. A...yeah, awesome.
Rather than pull them out I nailed a new piece of decorative molding upside down above the old trim. In this photo the top hasn't been painted to match yet. It was a great way to "beef up" the trim and save some $$ from purchasing the wider trim at the hardware store.
Then I turned my attention to this coat closet. I have always hated this closet, mostly because of the proximity to the front door. It can be awkward to get into and quite honestly we NEVER used it so it got filled with junk more often than not. Here it is with just the wood stained seat.
And now with a cushion...I can't decide which look I like best. Thoughts? I'm sure this is not the first closet turned "nook" you've seen, they've been around for a while but today I finally took the plunge to build my own and was surprised at how easy it was! Why didn't I tackle this sooner!? My little 4 year old is convinced it is just for him and cried tonight when I insisted he sleep in his own bed instead of here, haha.
Here is an older photo of this same wall. This is basically what it looked like two days ago...
and voila, a whole new space! Now if I could just talk my husband into the hardwood floors...:) Well, I better get back to finishing the trim. I have a couple new surprises on the other side of the room I am hoping will be done by next week so be sure to check back for more!
I'm linking up to finding fabulous! and Funky Junk Interiors!

2 comments:
I love the nook. How do you come up with these ideas? Are those the new pillows you were telling me about?
Cute. come and do my place? :)
Post a Comment