Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Monday, December 14, 2009

Felt Wreathe.






I wish I could take credit for this idea but I actually copied it from a tutorial given on http://designspongeonline.com/ which happens to be one of my favorite design websites...check out their before and after link. LOVE it! Anyway, back to the wreathe. The styrofoam cost me $6.00 from Michaels and then I just bought 1 yard of white felt (you could use any color of course, I think a hot pink wreathe would look gorgeous in a girls bedroom) and cut a bazillion 3" round circles. Sorry I didn't count them! Then fold them in half and then in half again and stick a straight pin through the bottom corner and into the styrofoam. Yes, it is that easy and I think I may keep it up all year round...I am loving how it looks hanging on my door. I also pinned some burlap ribbon to hang it from but if you want a cleaner look just skip the ribbon and hang right on the nail.

No comments: