Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Junk Drunk

So, a couple weeks ago I snagged some amazing finds at an estate sale near my parents home. We are talking acres of treasures in several different out buildings not to mention the most charming farm home around (FYI: I got my wedding announcement pics on the front porch of this house). Seriously, I went there three days in a row! My sisters husband defines us best when sales like this come around..."junk drunk". While she hunts and finds the most amazing vintage clothing, I search for furniture and home decor gems. Some of which at this particular sale were tin ceiling remnants. Old, dirty, somewhat banged up tin ceiling sheets. I. LOVE. THEM. This one below I just faux painted for part of an upcoming project. Love that good old aged texture created from layers of old paint with cracks and crevices just dying for some glaze! Here's a better look at it finished.

And here are some more I am prepping for another project in my very own basement. I am so excited to see this one come together.


Hmmmm, I'm dreaming of the possibilities! Yes, I am still junk drunk and believe me if the sale were still going on I would be there sifting through all of it right now!

No comments: