Well folks here is the finished nursery, FINALLY! I should warn you that this room is very small and is close to the master bedroom. For both of these reasons it lends itself well to function as a nursery, however there was not alot of room to work with :). Thank goodness there is a closet in it!
This first photo is of a small table I painted a light blue and then went over the top with a gold color, then distressed.
As you can see the table rests next to...my new red rocking chair! Although I was hoping to find something a bit taller this chair from craiglist is comfy cozy and looks great with this rag quilt my mom made for the baby draped over it...and the best part was I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for it (thanks Emily!)Above the crib I ended up using some tissue balls left over from my baby shower that my friend Alyssa made and added a metal star and a touch of yellow as well.
I think it really works well with the existing Pottery Barn bedding I had (ebay). For the curtains I just cut up a queen sheet from Walmart and let the extra length puddle on the ground.
And here's another shot of the wall with the chalkboard painted stripes...can you name that tune?
And again the desk turned changing table, oops, looks like I need to restock the cubbies with some diapers again :) Can you believe my little one is turning 3 MONTHS OLD this weekend!? I can't, but at least I can finally check this nursery off the list :)
If I had to choose a theme for this room I would have to say an old time summer picnic...haha. Anyhow it has been great to do some decorating again and now I can move onto the next project(s) on the list. It never ends around here so keep coming around to see what's next and above all thanks for your patience!
.jpg)
4 comments:
This room is so darn adorable!!!
Your talent amazes me.
Also, good job getting it finished so quickly.
Ellery will be a year next month and I still haven't finished her room!
Cache is soooo cute.
I hope you're adjusting well to being a mom of 3! I can barely handle 1 so good job!
Love it all!
love it! i really like that use of yellows and reds! your baby looks so cute!
I am glad your rocker turned out! I wondered about the height when I bought it but I thought maybe you could put an extra large cushion on it to give you some height. I hope your baby is a good sleeper and doesn't even need the rocker. We send our love!
Post a Comment