Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Saturday, December 4, 2010

How far can you stretch $10?

I was working on something for my moms birthday today and got thinking about my projects and how you can make so much out of just about anything if you are creative enough to think outside of the box. Remember this $10 dresser I bought several months ago? It was missing a drawer and several were hanging by a thread. Good thing I was not looking for a dresser, eh? Instead I did a little demo and then some putting back together of sorts and made a long entry table for my home...but that's not all...

I'm using the faces to make different one of a kind signs to hang or sit as decor like this one below I did today for my mom using a little paint, scrapbooking paper and mod podge.





and last but certainly not least I am reusing the hardware for the little red dresser/chest I have been recently posting about here. Have you priced out hardware lately? Not cheap! So there you have it, sometimes ten dollars really can go a long way! I'll be back wednesday to post a winner from the giveaway, enjoy whats left of the weekend everyone!

3 comments:

she scraps said...

These look really amazing-so glad you stayed and shopped st Keepsake Cottage today. I really love that table you created that was amazing!
Katie

Adele said...

Erick! I am dying at how cute that sign is! I love it! You should be in charge of super saturdays for enrichment. SERIOUSLY CUTE!

Justin & Madelyn Munk said...

Ericka!!!! I want this sign so bad. Did you hand paint the Noel? Ahhh you are too talented pretty lady!