Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Friday, December 3, 2010

Shabby Antique Mirror.

I'm posting backwards today, so here's a closeup shot of the aged, shabby finish I chose for this piece... here it is larger. Yes, it was originally a glass cabinet door that my dad gave me.
Showing the antique mirror a little better with a stocking cap hanging on the knob for fun.
And here is what it looked like "before". I ended up using "Looking Glass" paint from Krylon for this project to make the glass function as a metallic like mirror. It was my first time using it and I love it! You must see this piece in person to truly appreciate it. I am asking $25 for it. I also have another one unfinished so if you want the same thing in a different color/finish let me know, I think they would make great gifts for the shabby decor lovers out there.
As always email me at lemonsqueezing@gmail.com. and don't forget to vote on the entry table/chest below for a chance to win a giveaway next wednesday! Also several people are asking if I am selling it, and yes I am ($100.00) The first person to contact me takes it home. Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Lu said...

the mirror turned out marvelous, simply marvelous:] good job kid!

Adele said...

Hmm... I can't really tell in the pictures. I'm sure it looks great because you have impeccable taste in design Ericka!