Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Desk Redo and a Drawer Shelf!

This desk came from a yard sale this summer and has been sitting in my shed since early June. I didn't think I would have the time (or energy) to get it done in time for the fair this weekend but somehow it all came together in the end. So here she is, ready to sale! I used some scrapbook paper and mod podged again...I would love to hand paint everything but the truth is the time it takes me usually doesn't pay off. Anyway, I was up against a deadline with this one. I had to use some wood filler here and there but other than that it was in great shape. This desk is the real deal and well made!

Here's a closer look after the polycrylic had been applied.


And here is another project I am trying to finish up in time for Saturday morning...they are drawers turned into shelves. Here's one unpainted I am working on.

And another I just finished up today. Cute, huh! Well, I think so anyway.



I am posting these projects up to several linky parties this week. Check them out, you will be sure to find some inspiration!

1 comment:

Dawn and Chase said...

So Cute! I love this desk! Are you putting it for sale at the craft fair you are going to? I would love to have it in our extra bedroom. I really really like this project you did! good job