To add reinforcement to the back and center of the piece I added a small 1 ft shelf and some old kitchen cabinet doors that I cut the center out of and attached chicken wire to. My hubs asked me if I needed some chickens when he saw me doing this part...he still thinks its weird, oh well :). I told him it's got to scream "Come get your farm fresh eggs". Anyway, this project cost me $0.00! That's right I used EVERYTHING I had on hand! It's not perfect, cuz, well I built it, but it is VERY STURDY and that's what counts most, right? Slowly but surely I am getting better at my building skills, promise!Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.
Monday, October 3, 2011
For the Country Folks.
My friend spotted this beat up dresser on the curb a couple weeks ago and practically drug me out of my house to go get it...it was in bad shape with no functioning drawers but we snagged it (after making sure it was A okay with the owner) and I brought it home. I guess you can almost call it a dumpster dive although techinically it was sitting next to the dumpster in this case :)
I set out to make it over, not sure exactly what I was going to do. First I had to demo the inside which made the frame very weak of course so after cutting up some weathered cedar boards my dad gave me, I screwed them into the sides. Ummm, I sort of just wanted to hang out in the shed after cutting all that cedar, smelled soooo good! Okay, so liking how rustic it looked I decided to take this piece a little country, I mean ALOT COUNTRY.
To add reinforcement to the back and center of the piece I added a small 1 ft shelf and some old kitchen cabinet doors that I cut the center out of and attached chicken wire to. My hubs asked me if I needed some chickens when he saw me doing this part...he still thinks its weird, oh well :). I told him it's got to scream "Come get your farm fresh eggs". Anyway, this project cost me $0.00! That's right I used EVERYTHING I had on hand! It's not perfect, cuz, well I built it, but it is VERY STURDY and that's what counts most, right? Slowly but surely I am getting better at my building skills, promise!
To add reinforcement to the back and center of the piece I added a small 1 ft shelf and some old kitchen cabinet doors that I cut the center out of and attached chicken wire to. My hubs asked me if I needed some chickens when he saw me doing this part...he still thinks its weird, oh well :). I told him it's got to scream "Come get your farm fresh eggs". Anyway, this project cost me $0.00! That's right I used EVERYTHING I had on hand! It's not perfect, cuz, well I built it, but it is VERY STURDY and that's what counts most, right? Slowly but surely I am getting better at my building skills, promise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment