Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Monday, February 8, 2010

More sisters weekend prep!

(Above)

These candle holders were only .75 each at one of the local thrift stores here last weekend. I'm going to spray paint them white with dark brown candlesticks above(assuming I can find some) and possibly play around with a decoupage treatment around parts of the wood so stay tuned for the final result.






And who doesn't love a frosty white mirror on the wall? These are just a few of the elements I am preparing for my sisters "wall collage" on her soon to be accent wall...can't wait to see the end result! Oh and FYI I just recently discovered that using a razor blade to scrape off the unwanted paint afterwards is so much easier than trying to tape and cover the glass before painting and my life just got a little easier :). I picked up all of these framed mirrors for less than $1.00 each!






No comments: