All finished...well as good as it's going to get anyway with my limited skills and lack of patience :)
And a view from the side.
I paid $10.00 for the chair and much more for the fabric and new foam cushion which was an unexpected added cost (I'll be sure to investigate that part a little better the next time before I buy a chair). The foam alone ended up costing me $28.00 :( and the fabric, which I had originally purchased for window treatments I paid another $35.00 for. This project didn't exactly end up being as big as a bargain as I thought it would be in the beginning but I am pleased with the overall results and at least I can say that I have actually reupholstered something that required some sewing (something I have little patience for) :) I think I will be more selective on future reupholstery projects after this experience but I'm not saying I won't ever try it again...I'm sure I will but next time I just might hire out any required sewing. I'm linking up with all my favorite parties this weekend at : http://decormamma.blogspot.com/, http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/, and http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/ . Be sure to check them out for loads of creativity and inspiration!
19 comments:
atta girl! it looks great! foam... goes up with the price of gas. Gas came down, not sure that foam came down in price. go figure!
I love your new chair!
gail
Wow, it looks great!! I'm impressed!
Wow! I am very impressed! You were brave to try that and it was worth the risk.
I agree, it was worth the price and risk! You did an amazing job. I really like the fabric you chose and the overall look of the chair. I aspire to be like you someday! Hugs from Texas.
It looks awesome! I'm still working on B' bedroom and I soooo wish I could get some advice from you. I'm having a hard time arranging the furniture. I think it'll turn out cute but it's taking me forever!!!
Anyways, I love your website!
Still, under $75 for a custom chair is a darn good deal. What a fabulous transformation!
HEY THAT LOOKS PRETTY GOOD, FOR 'LIMITED SKILLS'
It looks fabulous. I'm impressed that you stuck with it!
I can't tell you how many times the supplies added up to "what was I thinking?". It would be nice if we lived near one another - I'd do the sewing for you if you did the other stuff.
I think it looks fabulous. You did a terrific job. I'm impressed.
It looks wonderful! Hope you're enjoying the fruits of all your hard work..at least now you know you CAN do it if you want to again!
Nice job.
Rose
My goodness.. it looks so professionally done! Awesome!
And thanks for linking up to SNS!
FJ Donna
You did a fabulous job and the little bit that you spent was well worth it.
It was well worth it! It looks fabulous. Great job!
You did a great job....it really looks like a pro did it.
You are so brave! It looks wonderful love your fabric choice. Lezlee
That is fantastic! I tried one about 35 years ago.........big disaster for sure! Yours is really super.Big congrats.
smiles, alice
You did a truly amazing job! That chair has a great shape and was worth the work. Very nice work!
I love the chair! I think it turned out awesome. I have an inherited chair that I've got the fabric to do, I just haven't gotten the courage to do it. Maybe now I will!
teri
Post a Comment