Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Monday, November 16, 2009

I finished!

All finished!
Here's the fabric I intended on using to recover the chair...right up until I found my 4 year old cutting it up! Actually he didn't cut very much but just enough to prevent me from using it. I'm sure I can find another use for it but it was a maddening experience at the time :)
The new and improved chair with a fabric much more my style and only $4.00 a yard! I really didn't think I would be able to finish this for a while but it took alot less time to recover than I thought it would...I was able to start and finish the whole recovering in the time my 1 year old was napping today (2 hours 10 min)! It doesn't get any better than that! Hope you like!




3 comments:

Lu said...

I LOVE it! It's so chic!

Katie said...

Nice stripes! Where did you purchase that fabric!? It looks pretty snazzy for only 4 bucks!

Ericka said...

Mill End fabric Katie...I think it was probably more but the salesclerk couldn't find a price anywhere so she said it was "my lucky day".