Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's all about presentation...isn't it?


My sister has a friend who recently did this and I loved the idea so I picked up some random plates at the good old D.I. and some candle holders. I spray painted some of the bases because they were silver or gold to begin with and then with a little epoxy glue created unique pedestal stands to serve Christmas goodies on this holiday season...it's hard to believe something so cute could cost less than those ugly plastic trays from Walmart! I can't wait to see some homemade fudge resting on these plates!

4 comments:

Katie said...

You know how to make fudge!?

Lu said...

I so need a DI here! Love the plates! Yours look great! BTW, speaking of fudge. . . the best fudge recipe is supposedly on the back of the marshmallow creme jar-not that I have any experience making fudge-just thought I'd spread the word on.

Tara said...

I love this idea! I just went to the thrift store here and have my plates and candle holders - now to find the epoxy.... Any suggestions?
I love your blogs! You and your sisters - they are great fun! :) Thanks for sharing.

Ericka said...

Tara- you can get it at Lowes or Home Depot or probably any local hardware store for that matter. I really need to hit the stores again since they are putting Christmas stuff out now...I would love to make some with Christmas designed plates!