I know, I know it's barely November and here I am posting about Christmas already but before you condemn me let me explain my reasons for doing so. After putting away my Halloween decorations the other day I pulled out a couple of boxes of Christmas decor. As I looked at the same old ornaments I have been using for the past three years or so I realized how boring and uninspiring they were. I separated all of the colored balls and glittered icicles from the other ornaments and that's when I decided to change things up this year. I want to create a timeless look for our Christmas tree and using what I already had I began to paint and refinish ornaments and so far am loving the transformation from the old tired look I had before. This year our tree will be adorned by varying picture frames reminding us of the relationships we hold most dear to our hearts. I am just getting started but because I am shopping thrift stores for these items I have to start early in order to have it completed by the end of November. I can already picture the end result and although it excites me I am refraining from turning on the Christmas music until after Thanksgiving...so there you have it, what are you doing to spice up your holiday decor this season?Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
An early start.
I know, I know it's barely November and here I am posting about Christmas already but before you condemn me let me explain my reasons for doing so. After putting away my Halloween decorations the other day I pulled out a couple of boxes of Christmas decor. As I looked at the same old ornaments I have been using for the past three years or so I realized how boring and uninspiring they were. I separated all of the colored balls and glittered icicles from the other ornaments and that's when I decided to change things up this year. I want to create a timeless look for our Christmas tree and using what I already had I began to paint and refinish ornaments and so far am loving the transformation from the old tired look I had before. This year our tree will be adorned by varying picture frames reminding us of the relationships we hold most dear to our hearts. I am just getting started but because I am shopping thrift stores for these items I have to start early in order to have it completed by the end of November. I can already picture the end result and although it excites me I am refraining from turning on the Christmas music until after Thanksgiving...so there you have it, what are you doing to spice up your holiday decor this season?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aghhhh! This is my favorite yet! I LOVE those cute little frames w/the old pics. Where did you find them and how can I get some?
Thanks Lu! I found all the frames (except the tiny ones) at D.I. some I have had for a couple of years and others I just recently picked up...the best part is I haven't paid more than 50 cents for any of them! Happy hunting!
So so so cute Ericka, I really need to revamp our Christmas tree, it looks the same (and kind of uglyish) as it has since we've been married. Love your frame idea, it just looks so classy! Hope little Kasen is feeling better, seriously, call me if you need anything, even a nap. Rylee would love to have Camden over to play!
Post a Comment