Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Notice anything different?

Remember this headboard I bought for $20.00 at a consignment store? You might also remember how I recovered it in a nice simple off white fabric shown below. Now...do you notice anything different about it?
That is the question I asked my husband when he came home today. His answer, "No"! I admit it was a subtle difference I made but had a huge impact on the look in our bedroom. If you still haven't figured it out I changed the buttons on the headboard from white to brown. After I completed the chair (left corner) and placed it in the room it's bold fabric and dark colors sucked all the attention away from the rest of the room. After creating some interest in color by adding a high contrasting color to the tufted buttons I brought some balance back into the space. Love the result...now I just want to drape a light colored throw over one half of the chair, and maybe a small pillow...then some sort of artwork above the chair...okay I'll stop now :) I'm linking this post up to http://thriftydecorchick for her before and after party...check it out...loads of inspiration!

4 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

So cute! I love the new fabric on the chair, it looks darling. And the dark buttons on the headboard totally tie it all together.

Angela said...

I just love everything you do! I'm trying to be as creative decorating Bailey's new bedroom. I wish we lived closer so I could use your magic touch!! And of course, so we can see you more =)

Katie said...

chocolate chip cookies! Love em..i'm starving right now..you should make me some!

Ericka said...

thank you Katie ;)