Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Sunday, September 5, 2010

Got Paper Towels?

I picked two of these end tables up for $10 each over the weekend at a yard sale. Doesn't it have great lines to work with? Here's where I am at for the time being. I primed and painted the drawers and then had a little fun painting the faces green and adding a design. No handpainting this time...I used a papertowel and placed it on the wet paint, pressed it down and then pulled it off. Sweet, huh? Then I heavily distressed it for an extra shabby look. I still need to paint the body of both of the end tables but am headed to Utah for a couple of days.

What do you think of my "paper towel" design? I would love to try this with a copper or burnt orange paint...I think it looks alot like the raised designs you find on ceiling tiles these days. Well, that's it for now, have a great week everyone!

SOLD!!!

6 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

What a great idea! It totally looks like ceiling tiles. Can't wait to see the finished product. Have fun in Utah, call me when you get back!

Adele said...

That looks awesome! I totally thought you had handpainted it.

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

That is such a great idea!

Leanne said...

I love those!! you are so creative!

Unknown said...

That really looks amazing! I love seeing all your work - you are seriously talented, and I seriously need to hire you to give me ideas for my own house.

robyncreates said...

Love love it! Impressed with your creativity!!