I felt that it really would be better suited for a coffee table after all. Mainly because it is a little too large for my rather small bedroom. I pulled it out today, lightly sanded the top surface and decided a damask pattern was in order. I've used this before on another piece (the entry table) and loved how it turned out so I decided to use it again. I traced the pattern (just black cardstock using a cricut design) with a pencil (no way was I freehanding this thing!)
Then I painted them with a light tan/beige color I had on hand and lightly sanded again over the top surface.
After that I used a dark stain and wiped it on all over, then wiped it off. It was a little darker than I wanted still so I sanded over the top very lightly until I got the desired result (it took a while to get it just the right smoky antique I wanted). This picture simply doesn't do it justice because it was taken when the natural light was gone but try clicking on the image to see it closer.
This is a great piece that I believe (and hope, so I won't have to redecorate to accomodate it) will go fast. It has a very heavy/sturdy construction and makes for a great conversation starter :) I am asking $60 for it. Please feel free to email me at http://lemonsqueezing/ if you are interested in purchasing this or have any other questions about it :)Ericka
This week I am joining these great linky parties: http://www.decormamma.blogspot.com/, http://www.missmustardseed.blogspot.com/, and http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/. Check them out!!!
SOLD!!!
4 comments:
So pretty! You're amazing Ericka!
oooh! love this one! i feel like i say that every time you put something on this blog!
very nice! I love the damask!
So cute!!! Love it!
Post a Comment