Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Friday, September 10, 2010

A sweet little table...

I was approached today by our local librarian who asked me to put together a "low cost decorating class" for next month. I was flattered that she would think of me and that she trusts my judgement and limited design skills to do this. Just after I graduated from college in design I found myself wondering if I should have studied something more "practical". Let's be honest, I still feel that way some days but being a stay at home mom is the most important thing to me and I feel lucky to be able to have found a niche in design so to speak that still allows me to channel my creative thinking and be at home with my kids while they are young. What can I say, life is good.
Well, onto the next project of the week :) I picked these two up together at a yard sale for $5. Don't you think that wood magazine/book holder would look darling sitting on a porch somewhere? The table is what I finished up with today...It's cute and gave me the cottage vibe even though it has simple lines. So, I painted it (with a brush) in an ever so slightly shade of blue. It's so subtle though that it just looks white to me. Then I took my inspiration from a plate in my cupboard :) I know, I'm weird sometimes. I free handed it with a small brush in brown paint and then added a little green for slight contrast. Then sanded over it to give it a worn look.
After that I glazed the whole thing and voila, there you have it! I just love this little piece. It would be a great piece to fill an empty corner of a room. Email me if you are interested in it. lemonsqueezing@gmail.com
Looking forward to this weekend, I need some R&R, how about you?
SOLD!!!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I wish I could find a niche too. You'll do an amazing job teaching that class! what fun!