Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Sunday, September 26, 2010

Opinions Needed!

Okay so I bought this last week at an estate sale for $20. It's got potential, especially after I ripped off the contact paper lining the top of it and took off the hideous hardware. These pics are dark, I know, but they are all I have for now. These are the drawer faces after I sanded, primed and painted them (that tutorial is for another post). I am really liking how they have turned out but can't decide what color to paint the body of the piece. The existing wood color isn't so bad but it is dinged up enough that it would have to be completley refinished. So, to paint or refinish. Honestly, I'm much more comfortable with paint and it's much less time consuming for me, but...what color would you use?
Here's a little closer look at the painted surface. There is a hint of green (kindof a dirty lime), aqua blue, burnt orange and of course brown. I was thinking either the celery color of the lamps I just did, the same aqua that's currently in it, or a nice light tan (all of which would get a coat of brown glaze afterwards). Oh, and there's always black as well. I'm also still playing around with what hardware I am going to replace the old stuff with. Here's one of those options below.
What I want to know is what are your thoughts? Please, please tell me! If I'm going to sell this thing I want it to appeal to the most people as I can :) Thanks for taking a minute and giving your highly valued opinion in the comments below :)

6 comments:

Kristi Thompson said...

I would go with the aqua. I am so loving that color as of lately!! I'm sure that what ever color you choose, it will look wonderful!

Barb Bodily said...

How could I counsel a pro? You've got such good taste. Go with your gut. I love the miracles you're preforming! You are awesome! barb

Leanne said...

For some reason I am not able to see all of your pictures, I'm pretty sure it's the computer I'm on. But I can say that I can't wait to see what you come up with for this piece, since the first picture is the only one I can see!

**nicke... said...

white white white!!!

Ashley Wray said...

Can't wait to see how this is going to turn out! I think my vote is the aqua or celery green. But you are the expert, so like the above comments have said, go with your gut!

Dawn and Chase said...

Okay remember Grandma Cooper's house? Everything was green- so retro but by the time I got done living in that home, I love the color now. Well that's my vote you always do such cute things!