Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Reveal.

Here is a reminder of what this used to look like...sort of bold and in your face like, don't you think? It's amazing how a little bit of lighter paint, ebony stain, and some handpainting can do. Oh and I spray painted and glazed the hardware too.
Now it still makes a big statement but in a more delicate sort of way. I really love how this ended up and appreciate all 6 of your comments sharing your ideas (I meant that sarcasticly of course). I ended up using the Celery spray paint again from Krylon, but I believe the aqua could have been as equally as lovely, if not more...I've just been using alot of it lately and needed a break I guess :)

I hope you like...and hope to read some comments too :) I'm linking up with all of the other furniture lovers out there for Miss Mustards Furniture Feature Friday Party!
SOLD!!!

11 comments:

Kathy Wall said...

Fantastic Ericka! You continue to amaze me!

Adele said...

Wow!! Awesome... Yeah, I didn't comment because your expertise is always the best... gorgeous.. as always!

Kristi Thompson said...

Amazing! I love it. I love the handpainted drawer faces. You are very talented!!

Unknown said...

I totally love what you've done to it. One of these days I am going to re-do my living room and get all my inspiration from you :)

Leanne said...

Very Cute! I love your hand painting, you are amazing! I like the celery paint too.

Lu said...

er-i just got caught up on your blogs and miss you much! Dont you ever screw anything up? Looks great but i wouldn't expect anything less! Love you Lu

Jack, Merry & T-Man said...

You are amazing! I don't know how you can look at something old and broken down and see it's potential. When I go to yard sales and the thrift store all I see is junk.

**nicke... said...

it is perfect! i love it!

sotflicka said...

Ericka Wow! I didn't know you were so crafty. I love it. You've inspired me : )

Jen T said...

I love this! It's so original - you did a great job!

Jessica said...

You said you are selling it? How much are you asking?