Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Finished End Table!

Remember this from a couple weeks ago? Well, my good friend Adele snagged this little piece up and asked me to paint it for her bedroom. She recently recovered and painted a chair and brought me some of the fabric to use as my "guide" in deciding what to do...we talked about doing the paper towel thing again but as I got looking at it I wanted to try something else.
Here's the fabric and the accompanying drawer faces. Pretty cool, huh. I distressed the faces a bit to give it a worn vibe but still coordinate with the chair. I know that photos don't always represent the true colors but in case you can't tell the fabric is a soft, almost baby blue color with a deep olive green. So, I used the same colors for the table and a flat black for the rest of it.


Because I used a stencil and spray paint this took no time at all and I love the results. I can't wait to see it in her space with the chair.

3 comments:

Adele said...

Ahhh!!! I love it Ericka!! You are so fast! So gorgeous!! It is going to look soo soo good with the chair. I'm thinking about repainting the chair though. Making it black and distressing it to kind of match better with the table... I cannot wait to come get it... I'll call you!

Ashley Wray said...

Love! Adele,this is going to look awesome in your room!

Leanne said...

that is so cute!! I'm jealous!