Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Saturday, October 17, 2009

Adding something unexpected...

If you are visiting from my family blog (welcome) this is the thrift store (D.I) find I eluded to on my post. I just picked this up the other day for $25.00! This pew was taken out of an old church building that was being remodeled. You may notice that it is "kid size" which made it perfect for my four year olds room! I am in the process of sewing a foam cushion and will hopefully have more baskets to nestle underneath with books very soon. For those of you who know my son you also know that he loves his books and as a mom I am so ready to gain some sort of organization when it comes to them! I restained the bench today (two seperate coats of an ebony stain to be exact) and like the new color so much better than the light oak that it came with (sorry forgot to take a a true "before" pic again). Lucky for me, I had saved the stain from a project I did four years ago. I'll post more when the project is complete but I just wanted to share some of my excitement!

3 comments:

Adele said...

I think I need to do a little more DI shopping! That is a great idea!

Ericka said...

I think I figured out what was wrong :) Sorry for any of you who may have had trouble leaving comments :)

MegiJones said...

k so I don't think I knew you had a design blog...or I forgot or something. I love looking at all of your little projects...maybe someday when I have some extra cash I will look back through here and get some ideas...:)