The beginning...
During...
Well, this one was a first for me but I had a great time spending my afternoon in the mind of my 4 year old boy. As some of you already know, to say he LOVES dinosaurs would be an understatement. I took my inspiration from some of his dinosaur childrens books and went from there. I also chose to use a plant eating dinosaur to avoid any potential over imagining on his part...afterall he does have to sleep in this room :) Using a pencil I freehanded the dinosaur and then let my son take part by letting him paint in the lines (I had to guide him a little here). Next I began adding some shadows and texture...this was the tricky part but it was also the part where the dinosaur began to come alive so to speak. I ended up mixing paint from what I had in my own storage so this was a "no cost" project. Overall I am pleased with the result but will probably go in tomorrow and detail some of the trees a bit more and redefine the clouds...so what do you all think?

3 comments:
Did you really do this in one afternoon? This would've taken me at least a week - I'm so slow! It looks awesome though, and it's such a great idea! I love it!
WoW!! You painted that? You are so talented Ericka!!!
ummm, WOW!! Can I say it again? you are amazing. I love the mural and the bench!
Post a Comment