Making the most of what one has often requires optimistic eyes. Welcome to Rose Colored Glasses, a blog all about realizing the beauty, and often hidden potential in creating home design on a budget.


Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Updated bench...

Here are some updated pics of the bench in my sons bedroom. As you can see, I still do not have the underneath storage taken care of...I am looking for some orange canvas bins rather than baskets and have not been able to find any yet. Also I put up a few things on the wall as well. The two large frames came from a thrift store ($2.00 each) as well as the oval frame and mirror (can't remember how much I paid for them since I bought them years ago). The other two frames I picked up at Shopko on the clearance rack a couple of years ago for $3.00 each. I covered them with dinosaur scrap book paper and applied modge podge...so easy and I really like how they turned out. The inside of the large frames were made by taking a large linen (white) napkin (I got several at the local consignment store for .50 each last week) and then painted the characters on them. Then I stretched them across the back using thumbtacks to secure them in place...just something easy, affordable, and fun.

4 comments:

Kathy Wall said...

Wow! Are you going to come make cushions for my benches? Looks wonderful Er!

Ashley Wray said...

So cute Ericka, seriously, I envy your talents because you've certainly got a "knack" for this kind of thing! Your cushion turned out so cute, I'll keep my eye out for some orange canvas boxes for you.

Adele said...

Ahh... Seriously adorable! I need to learn some tricks for finding things cheap from you! Your house is amazing!

Melissa said...

Ericka, you are a genius! I can't wait for Brynn's room to come together! I will send pics when it does, or you can come see it, since it was all your creativity! The dinosaur bedroom is soooo cute!